November 13, 2022
How many of us have grown up playing video games? How many of us have had parents buy us video games? And then in the same vein, scoot us over to busy ourselves with video games while they tsimis, unwind, or do other things? Like a babysitter, third parent, or friend, video games have been in Filipino households from the 80s and beyond. Today we reminisce about our relationship to video games and how as adults these are becoming avenues for mental health even while it is arguably today corrupting the “youth”?
A great conversation with our good friend Jenna Buffum!
- Littlewood Game
- Arcade Hearts
- Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
- Costco: Parmesan Artichoke Dip
- YouTube search: art in ______ video game!
- Willy’s Jerk Chicken
- Sayulita’s Mexican Food
- Pan De Sal Saves the Day by Norma Olizon-Chikiamco
- Joel Stokes @stokes.joel handmade journals
- If you got Zines from @cozilv fest and came by to the event, thank you! Read zines!
- Student Art show December 7 from 5-7pm at Alternate Reality Comics
October 30, 2022
After 2 years of surviving a global pandemic (i.e.intense quarantining, fearing for our lives, and mask mandates), have our values and ways of decision-making shifted in how we relate or want from the world? As most of us have returned to our day jobs in-person, did we return exactly the same? Maybe? Let’s fuck around and find out. With 2022 cooling down the hot-ass desert, let’s talk about possible transitions on the horizon, contemplation, or themifestation.
Support us on patreon.com/bruhabaddies
- A4 Zine Club (@a4zineclub) at UNLV.
- Ailene Pasco (@ailenepascoart)
- Wool or woven Socks.
- “The Gospel of Wellness: Gyms, Gurus, Goop, and the False Promise of Self-Care” by Rina Raphael
- Public Libraries
- Vegas Valley Comic Book Festival on Nov 5th in the Clark County Library
- Gina’s Cartooning Club on Oct 30 at Ghost Kid Comics
October 15, 2022
Welcome back to ouch! more talk about Money Wounds in our Filipino community.
- My Own Story Friday, Sept 16 at UNLV
- Homemade Trail Mix: Goldfish, Peanut M&Ms, Cranberries
- Summit Public Schools Curriculum / Fishtank Learning
- Chareng! Charotz! Charz. The bakla way of saying “just kidding”
- Check out Co-Zi Fest on November 12 at the Clark County Library from 12-4pm in the Large Conference Room
- Ghost Kid Comics
- Kakebo: Japanese Art of Mindful Spending
October 2, 2022
Have you ever been in a conversation among other Filipinos about income, only to be followed up with a question about your profession? Are you guilty of, or have you been given unsolicited financial advice? Have you observed your parents/elders give away money they don’t have? “Debt,” “Pagpapautang/Lend,” “Remittance,” and “Income” are all key terms in our culture about money. In today's conversation, we uncover some wounds when it comes to understanding, navigating, and obtaining money.
Join us for Part 1 of this very long, poignant conversation.
September 18, 2022
Co-Host and Co-founder, Jean Munson of Bruha Baddies sits with friends long before Bruha Baddies was created. Mari Santos, Sangi Susuico, and Kristine Bactad reflect back on what's changed or stayed the same about Jean after all these years graduating high school in 2005.
Stroll down memory lane and love between childhood friends. Recorded in July 2022.
1. Past Worlds Game
2. Cold Brew Coffee with Honey
3. Live in the Moment
1. More Yoga
2. Be Kind to Yourself Always
3. Travel more
1. Take as many Pictures
2. Always eat pizza
3. Journal everyday
1. Come to Guam
2. Asiga Cafe in Guam
3. Pay attention to the people who stay in your life
September 4, 2022
What better way than to reflect how we all grew, change, and learned this summer? Here's part 2 of our Summer Recap, covering self care, growing pains, mental health, and stolen land.
Comics and Zines Las Co-Zi LV events for Fall 2022
- Phoenix Zine Fest on Sept 17-18 (12pm-5pm)
- 2 Cultures, 1 Zine Family Sept 23 (4-6pm)
- Las Vegas Book Festival Youth Zine workshop Oct 22 (9:45am-11:45am)
1. Stretch Marks comic available on Amazon and local bookstore Alternate Reality Comics
2. KatsuCo - Japanese fast food
3. Riviera Mayan Mexican Food
1. Grocery Delivery
2. Trixie Motel
3. Renaissance by Beyonce
2. "Miss a Thing" Kylie Minogue
3. Drag Race Philippines
August 21, 2022
We’ve been away since May! Did you miss us? Cus we missed all of you. We hope you stayed safe this summer and covid-free! If not, we’re hoping you rest and recover as summer slowly winds down. In this 2 parter episode of BB, we will be deep diving with the team about their summer.
For more content, check out patreon.com/bruhabaddies
May 18, 2022
Reposting due to Sunday 5/15 tech difficulties
To kick off a summer break from your favorite podcast, Bruha Baddies is closing the Spring time in this May episode with Jean's mom. Jean sits down with her mom Virgie to discuss about retirement after 40 years of nursing. She talks about how her Filipino identity shaped the workplace, what life looks like after clocking in 40+ hours a week, and the legacies she leaves behind.
We will be back in the fall, but in the meantime for summer content: patreon.com/bruhabaddies
- Kimmortal @kimmortaltheartist
- Comedian Tin Lorica @selfiemixtape
- Wellness Focus
- Heart of the Nation
- Vice Ganda & Ion Perez
- Lily's Garden